Get Grounded: Understanding the Historical and Cultural Context of the Bible
Are you ever overwhelmed by the vastness and complexity of the Bible?
Are you sometimes unsure where to begin your Bible reading journey?
Do some parts of the Bible seem challenging to comprehend?
- It’s written in different styles of literature.
- It’s not in chronological order.
- It’s written within a particular history and culture that are different from ours.
After many years of both formal and informal study, I have learned how to approach the Bible from its chronological, historical, cultural, and literary context, and that view brings clarity and understanding to God’s Word.
In the pages of Get Grounded, you will:
- Gain an overview of all 66 books of the Bible and their themes;
- Explore the historical and cultural background of each book;
- Dive deeper into explanations of each genre of the Bible, such as historical narrative, wisdom literature, and epistles;
- Learn how each book fits into the metanarrative—the big-picture view of the Bible’s overarching story of Creation, the Fall, redemption, and restoration.
- Discover charts, timelines, and summaries that bring the Bible together into one big story of redemption.
Get Grounded is a resource you will turn to again and again, whether in your personal Bible study time or as a tool for small groups and teaching ministries.