“The word of the Lord came to me: ‘What do you see Jeremiah?’
‘I see the branch of an almond tree,’ I replied.
The Lord said to me, ‘You have seen correctly, for I am watching to see that my word is fulfilled'” (Jeremiah 1:11-12, NIV).
I love this Scripture! The Hebrew word for watching sounds like the Hebrew word for almond tree! God used the visual of the almond tree to teach Jeremiah that He is watching over His Word to see that it is fulfilled. God was calling this young man to be a prophet and speak for Him. The Lord wanted to assure Jeremiah that he need not fear, because God would see to it that His Words would come to pass.
God’s Word has great power in the life of a believer when she believes God’s Word and confesses it over her life with faith. I believe God is looking for people who will believe His Word so He can bring it to pass for them.
Today, I would like to offer some confessions that you can speak over your church. Speak them out loud and believe them in your heart. When the enemy puts negative words about your church in your mind (or ears), speak these words instead. Which words do you think have more power? 🙂
- We will not give up meeting together as some are in the habit of doing, but we will encourage one another, and all the more as we see the day approaching (Hebrews 10:24-25).
- The Spirit of the Lord God is upon us, because the Lord has anointed us to bring good news to the suffering and afflicted. He has sent us to comfort the brokenhearted, to announce liberty to captives, and to open the eyes of the blind (Isaiah 61:1).
- We study to show ourselves approved, as those who correctly handle the Word of truth (2 Timothy 2:15).
- We let the Word of Christ dwell in us richly as we teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as we sing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs with gratitude in our hearts to God (Colossians 3:16).
- We will not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up (Galatians 6:9).
- We are determined and confident! We are not afraid or discouraged, for the Lord our God is with us wherever we go (Joshua 1:9).
- We walk by faith and not by sight (2 Corinthians 5:7).
- We are not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the power of God for salvation of everyone who believes (Romans 1:16).
- We are each a part of the body of Christ and we each have different gifts (1 Corinthians 12:27-28).
- We are completely humble and gentle, patient, bearing with one another in love. We make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace (Ephesians 3:2-3).
- We are devoted to one another in brotherly love. We honor one another above ourselves. We are never lacking in zeal but keep our spiritual fervor, serving the Lord (Romans 12:10-11).
- _______________________ (name of your church) shall be called a house of prayer (Matthew 21:13).
- We feed the hungry, give drink to the thirsty, invite in the stranger, clothe the naked, minister to the sick, and visit the prisoners (Matthew 25:35-36).
- Since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, we worship God acceptably and with reverence and awe, for our God is a consuming fire (Hebrews 12:28-29).
You may not think that all of these verses describe your church accurately, but remember that you are confessing in the spirit what you desire to see in the natural. Just keep confessing God’s Word and keep believing Him to bring it to pass. It is the Word of God, after all. What have you got to lose?